- Buy the right size. I'm not even joking. This seems like common sense but if your heels are too big = blisters. If they are too small = corns/bunions. See the trend. You can't afford to go wrong here. Also, pace back and forth at the shoe store- this will be a great indicator on whether the shoe fit is correct. If you feel yourself slipping forward- go down in size. If the size down doesn't work- try a ball of foot pad! If nothing works- LEAVE THE SHOE BEHIND.
- Work on that strut. Walk HEEL then TOE, shoulders back, abs tighten, chest forward and head held up high. If you have a wobbly walk or a strong step down your feet will be killed. Practice makes perfect. Walk around your house find what works for you. You want to master a light step that looks like an elegant glide.
- Wear insoles! Listen, they were made for a reason! These will help with the balls of your feet and offer more support!
- Take care of your feet. Yes, moisturize and scrape off the dead skin. Also, don't forget to stretch your toes and ankles daily. Also, if you find that you are having issues- go see a doctor.
- Take breaks. I know, we all want to be glamorous 24/7 but it is never okay to wear heels for 9 hours straight. Take a seat, wear flats, and let your feet breathe.
- Be Smart. Walking all day long...don't wear stilettos!! Opt for a wedge or chunky heel. Platformed shoes are your friend- sure they look menacing but actually they are much more comfortable then they look. Next, look at the sole. A heel with a rubber sole is also great because it will make your step more cushiony.
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
I actually whipped this recipe together Sunday night. Shane and I were so tired and had no desire to leave the house and this made a quick and savory meal.
What you need:
1 tsp of EVOO
1/2 cup of milk
Choice of cooked meat
Prep time: 20 min
1. Cook your preferred meat. In my case, I used shredded meat from a rotisserie chicken. This will save tons of time.
2. Start up your broiler and place your frying pan over medium heat. Pour in the olive oil.
3. In a bowl, mix your eggs, milk and spices. After, slice your tomatoes and mozzarella.
4. Pour mixture into pan. As the bottom begins to solidify, begin to add toppings. Continue to add toppings until satisfied and bottom of frittata is browning.
5. Put pan into broiler for 7 minutes. You want to make sure that the top is cooked thoroughly.
6. Once cooked, remove from broiler and cut with a pizza slicer.
I used a 10 inch frying pan. Note: the smaller the pan... the thicker the fritatta.
Monday, July 28, 2014
Ecclesiastes 3 (NIV)
Friday, July 25, 2014
|Backstreet Boys in the 90's|
|Backstreet Boys in 204|
Some of you loved N'Sync more but, I was digging the pop ballads from Brian, Nick, AJ, Kevin and Howie. Would you say I was a die hard fan... no!! I, however, did sing along to all of their songs and I thoroughly enjoyed their "Everybody" music video. These guys are still touring around the globe and are doing their thing. However, they no longer wear ridiculous matching outfits :( BTW- I was a Kevin/Howie kinda girl! Who did you have a crush on?
Below you will find their latest music video and 3 of my favorites!!
Thursday, May 29, 2014
A. Dress it up!! Get a plain kimono with soft details and pair it up with a fitted cocktail dress and you have yourself a romantic, chic after five look. Don't forget to have fun with your color palette and make it fancy with some sparkling baubles!
B. Boho Babe. I love this look! Mix and match patterns and keep the rest simple. This is an easy way to turn a not so amazing outfit into something selfie worthy! Details are everything so be sure to add little touches like antiqued jewelry & smokey eye shadow.
C. Keep it Cool. This is the most favorable way to wear a kimono. This is the ultimate festival uniform. It also doesn't hurt that its cute as a button. Pair your floral kimono with some ripped jorts and gladiator sandals to call it day! Circular sunglasses, wavy hair, and knuckle rings are a must with this.
Friday, May 9, 2014
Before my wedding I was adamant about making sure my hair was super long. So it began, I was growing it out and getting it trimmed every so often. Well fast forward to now and I hadn't cut my hair since June 2013. I would get compliments on the length and thickness but, I felt like Cousin It!! My hair wasn't healthy at all and was consistently in a pony tail or bun. It was just long out of pure laziness. So, I opted for a dramatic change. I didn't want to just trim it and letting it keep growing- I was dead set on cutting and not turning back. This hair cut is rather significant for more reason than the obvious. It's a push to stop being lax with my beauty routines and to push myself to change.
BTW if you live in the New Orleans area, please check out Tiffani's Mirror - She's super sweet and does quality work!
Sunday, March 30, 2014
1. Prom is right around the corner and I want to look nice! I know that sounds odd because everyone wants to look nice but I'm a tomboy. I never wear makeup or anything so I'm rather clueless when it comes to this stuff. I don't have any older sisters to ask this to so I'm hoping you can help. I'm wearing a light blue dress. It doesn't have any sparkles on it. I was told by the lady at the store that I should do silver shoes but I don't like silver. What other color can I wear? Also, is it awful to not wear heels to prom? I'm 5'8" and my date is taller than me so technically I can wear heels but I don't want to be uncomfortable. -Reyna
I think you should do a nude shoe! Nude is actually very easy to find and it will definitely match. As far as heels go- if you don't want to wear them don't. You mentioned you were a tomboy and if you feel like you would rather spend the night in nice flats- why not? Maybe you can get a pair of nude patent leather flats that you can wear after with jeans! Email me if you are confused about anything else. I'll be your big sister.
2. What's your laundry routine? Do you take things to dry clean a lot? Do you separate your clothes by color or fabric? -JRB
I'm actually pretty awful about doing laundry "correctly" but I do have some tips that I learned from a textile class I took and my mother.
- If it says "dry clean only"- take it to the dry cleaners.
- Read your tags carefully
- It is always better to use cold water to wash clothes
- Try not to use the dryer so much
- If you can- lay your sweaters flat to dry and shape them well
- You don't have to wash your clothes after EVERY wear. I'm talking more about jeans, blazers, etc.
Thursday, March 27, 2014
5. I love Eric Bana. Yeeeep, this is true. I do not blush but for some reason.. i blush everytime I see him on tv or online. IDK, there are more attractive people im sure. He is just amazing.
6. When I was young, I found my parent's alien cards and I freaked out. I was like "oh my, if they are aliens...that means... I AM AN ALIEN!! It was a very scary 30 minutes. My mother told me that she wasnt from outerspace and cleared it up.
7. My husband is a nerd. I mean this in the nicest way possible. It makes him so attractive to me. He reads his little sci-fi books and loves his technology. He knows the quirkiest little things and has to research EVERYTHING. Does he like to take me dancing... heck no but I can live with it. He's my cool little nerd.