Getting married this year was nothing like I thought it would be. I seriously was not prepared for what was in store for us and looking back I wish I would've reminded myself of a few things. Also, if you asked me a few questions about weddings I addressed most issues here.
- Don't get lost in the planning. I regret not spending more time on the most important part: the ceremony. Everything else is pish posh. We did a rehearsal and realized quickly that quite a few
shark in fountain @ceremony
- Just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean you have to do it. My husband and I fought over having a photobooth at our wedding. I really wanted one...he didn't. He thought it was more appropriate for a birthday party. I let it become pinnacle to me and felt like something was going to be missing alas it was all fine the day of.
- Everyone has an opinion that they will express and you can't satisfy everyone. Shane and I are EXTREMELY laid
- Ask for help when you need it. As mentioned earlier, we have hectic schedules. Problem is- I'm a
- Be extremely specific when planning things with your vendors. Extremely. I felt like I dropped the ball here the most. My reception was stellar but everything else not so much. For instance, every photographer will ask you what must have shots you want. Be sure you reiterate even the ones that you think are a no brainer for the photographer to take. Trust me. We also failed to tell the bakery to have a smooth edge for the groom's cake and came out with an odd looking cell phone cake with swirls. Like I said... be extremely specific.
- Tradition? So I come from a Latino background and my husband is Southern. There are tons of traditions that we could've gone for. Thing is... we are awkward people. We agreed that we didn't want to do a garter/bouquet toss. Funny thing is we didn't tell anyone. At the end of my wedding a
- Not everything will come out as planned. Okay, so all I wanted was a sparkler exit. That's all. Well, the sparklers were supposed to come a week before the wedding and they didn't come until a week after. I was heartbroken. Again, things like that should be ordered two months out so it was our fault. Don't always trust online order timelines.