So, I've been having this post sitting in my drafts for over a year. Bras are something I struggle with. A few years ago, one of my dear friends told me "Kim, you need a bigger bra" I was in denial.. I didn't want to go up in size and thought that my bra fit. WRONG. So I decided to do this post to help others like my former self.
The Perfect Fit
You want to make sure that your bra doesn't leave indentations on your back, doesn't have excess space, or excess over hang/spillage. If you look at the pictures below you will see what a good fit looks like. Your bra should always cover your areola as well. Bras for the most part should feel effortless.
What kind of bra should I wear?
Know what you want to achieve. I don't like my chest to look any bigger than it already is so, I personally like to wear full coverage bras with no extra padding. My friend on the other hand, loves to wear push up bras with side padding.
When to wear a ______ bra:
- Racer back: Although obvious... mainly you want to get this sort of bra when you are wear a racer back shirt.
- Balconette. These are perfect for tops that have a very, very wide collar. However, I recommend this to ladies with smaller chest because they are very low cut and add a whole lot of cleavage.
- Bandeau. These have become so popular because they offer good cover ups for sheer tanks. These offer nothing as far as shape goes.
- Sport/Athletic - These give your breast the ability to exercise with out going all over the place. You want these to fit you snug.
- Full Coverage- These bras are your best friend if you just want your breast to have a nice shape. I recommend these with your t-shirts. :)
- Strapless: Obviously you wear these when you have a strapless top on... these are tricky. You want to definitely have one that has a good underwire and that fits around your chest tightly. I find that if they don't fit well then you will be tugging at it the whole evening.
- Multi-Way: These bras are life savers but again make sure they fit you properly every where to be successful with it. These are great for ladies with bigger chest because you can still get the support of your straps with different looks
Hope that this post helps and remember: Hang dry your bras!