This cake looks awesome and it's super easy to make!! This would be a great way to make a birthday cake more exciting. You can make this cake from scratch but, I like to keep things simple.
What you will need:
- Cake Mix
- Eggs, Oil, & Milk/Water (according to mix)
- Food coloring (I used 3)
- Bowls (according to how many colors)
- Baking Pan
- Fun Sprinkles
- Icing of your choice
|Top View- Yummy!!|
- Mix the cake batter and divide it evenly among the bowls.
- Add a different food coloring to each bowl. Mix very well.
- Next pour in each bowl on the center of the baking pan. You want to do this in layers. When you are done the batter will almost look like a target. I unfortunately didn't take a picture of this... it was so pretty. So I made an awful image from paint. :) You can also take a tooth pick and swirl the icing for a more fun effect.
- Bake your cake. Don't be alarmed if your cake is an odd color. Icing will cover it right up. Let your cake cool.
- Ice cake with an icing of your choice. I prefer white icing with a rainbow cake because its so plain. Add sprinkles. If you aren't a sprinkle fan you can just pipe the icing on and make a fun design.
- Serve and enjoy!!