Want your makeup to last??
If you want your make up to last from morning to night than there are some secret weapons thats you must acquire....
- Powder (face, eyeshadow)
Thats right you only need 2 things and you probably own it already. Here are some tips for face, eyes, and lips.
- Before you begin to apply foundation... PUT ON A FACE PRIMER. You will apply a face primer after your moisturizer. Make sure that your moisturizer has set before you apply the primer. I also recommend that you wait for the primer to set before you begin to apply concealer/foundation. I recommend Laura Mercier or Makeup Forever.
- After you put on foundation and concealer make sure that you use a powder to seal it all in. Powder acts as a drying agent to make sure that your makeup doesn't slide.
- For concealer, especially under the eyes, make sure that you use a powder that will not sink in to your wrinkles. Usually silicon based products will fair the best. I recommend getting the duo that comes with.
- For your face, after you have completed your makeup be sure to pat on a translucent powder for extra wear. This really helps make sure that everything is sealed in. This is especially good if you used a liquid or cream powder such as Nars Multiples or Benefit's Benetint products. I recommend using MakeUp Forever HD Microfinish Powder.
- I have 4 words for you URBAN DECAY PRIMER POTION. This is by far the best primer I have ever used for eyeshadow. I have tried MUF, Too Faced, Mac Paint Pots...Urban Decay has them beat. I have applied make up at 7am and it'll be 10pm and my eyeshadow remains the same. Its amazing.
- For eyebrows, I would recommend doing a wax and then applying eye shadow that matches and your eyebrows will look amazing all day long.
- If you use a pencil or just powder to fill in your brows than I recommend getting a clear gel to apply over. I recommend using a clear mascara if you can't find anything else.
- First and foremost this is my most challenging part of all day wear. There are lip primers out there that will help but inevitably we must all eat and drink and this is when lipstick and gloss tend to fade.
- Before you apply lip product, be sure that your lips are moisturized and primed. I use benefit's lip plumper to prime my lips but there are tons of great primers out there.
- Translucent powder are your friends. Dab it on top of lipstick and you are guaranteed to have a long wear.
- Lip pencils!! Fill in your lips with a lip liner that matches your lipstick before you apply.