Lauren Luke's Smokey Classics
This review/swatch is way over due but nonetheless here it goes. I got this palette a few months ago because I wanted to try out Lauren's stuff since I subscribe to her on Youtube. Anyway, out of all of the palettes I decided to go w/ the smokey classics because the colors were versatile. The eye shadows, blush, and primers are nice a creamy and blendable. I was really impressed with the quality of the packaging and product. Anyhow, here are few pictures and I will do a break down of each color below.
Nude Slip Dark/Light Primer: They work great. Its a bit of a thick formula and trust me a little goes a long way. The only issue I am having with it is that the Twilight Ash eyeshadow flakes a gets into the light primer. :( Otherwise, I do like it. I can't say anything bad about it. Its a nice size and I still haven't hit the bottom yet.
- Antique Pewter:This is my favorite shade out of the lot. Its very pretty. I use it as a neutral when I'm blending or if I want to do a natural look I use this as my outer V color. I get tons of compliments on it and Lauren Luke loves using this color in her tutorials. Lets just say if she sold this just alone I would purchase it. Great color and is pigmented very well.
- Twilight Ash: This one is super pigmented and it has a silver glitter in it. This color would be good for a night time look! It would make any smokey eye classier
- Cashmere Cream: This is a good base color or highlight color. Its a little yellow but is very pretty. I've used this color alot for highlighting the inner corners of my eyes.
Peach Glow Blush: Unfortunately this color doesn't show up on me very well. Its a very natural sheen. Its quite pretty. I use it as a highligher or if I just want a little glow to me I'll dab some on. Its a gorgeous color.
- Plumberry: Nice natural pink. Its a little on the mauvy side. Its not too bright and it doesnt apply on thick. Its quite sheer. In the pictures I put on several coats.
- Cranberry Stain: As the name implies it is a cranberry color. Its a little brighter than i like but its pretty once layered w/ lipstick. This is a good daytime color just to give your face a pop of color.